Here's a first go at synthesizing a definition of critical web literacy from the notes of our first and [second](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qd7NKKKW3XPZZGYVI2rEUX8JwTD15tTBrZ8eRoJMql4/edit#heading=h.xtxu9ue7iz3u kick-off meetings. Please comment below and help improve the definition and its usefulness to our communities.
Critical web literacy helps people
- Analyze and critique media, especially online.
- Produce and share responses to the media they consume, especially online.
- Participate in civic, economic, and political discourse online and off.
- Speak publicly and confidently about what matters to them.
- Speak back to celebrities, corporations, governments, and politicians.
- Identify barriers to access and inclusion, especially online, and produce media addressing and overcoming those barriers.